City2Surf is happening on 11 August 2013, and you can help. Click here to learn how to sign up and run for Podmore.
WHEN – Sunday, 11th August 2013
WHERE – College St Sydney City to Bondi Beach
HOW – by walking/jogging/running 14kms or by sponsoring a Podmore Runner or Packer
WHY – The Podmore Foundation has been participating in the City2Surf since 2009. This is our biggest fundraising event of the year. The Podmore Runners and Packers have grown from a small group to over 60 people. We need Podmore supporters of all ages and fitness levels to join us on a walk or run through the beautiful city of Sydney. It is a great day out and heaps of fun, followed by lunch at the historic Victoria Barracks Officers’ Mess, Paddington.
- Go to www.city2surf.com.au
- Click ENTER
- Click ENTER NOW
- Select “I would like to search for an existing team”
- Team name is “THE PODMORE RUNNERS”
- Team password is “yellow”
- Select the “WESTPAC YELLOW START” if you are walking or running. If you are pushing a pram, you must select “BACK OF THE PACK ORANGE START”
- Put in your payment details
- It will then ask some questions, you need to answer NO to a fundraising page being created and “NO CHARITY” for who are you raising funds for. I have already built our page so we dont need them to make one for us.
- Go to http://www.fundraise.city2surf.com.au/podmore2013
- Click “JOIN THIS TEAM”
- Follow the instructions to create your own fundraising page. You need to create your own user name and password (so you can change your page when you wish). You need a photo you would like to use and some words about why you are doing toe race and asking people to donate to you. Things you might want to write in your blog are why you are doing the race, how many times you have raced before, if at all and how much people’s support would help you reach the finish line. As an example, have a look at the following page: http://www.fundraise.city2surf.com.au/kelbreen2013
- Once you receive your first donation your name will appear on the main fundraising page.
- Once your page is complete, share the page with all your friends, family, work mates and anyone you think will support your 14km efforts.
Raising money for Returning Opportunity AND having fun at the same time, mark it in your diary NOW!